MANGO PANNA COTTA

I love sweet desserts!

If we will be preparing desserts for a big party or event, I will be very much pleased to do so. Whenever we are planning for a birthday or holiday celebration I always think of what dessert will match the crowd. I really do spend really hours of researching for good desserts recipes rather than the main course.

But it happens to be that are "blood-line" should not take too much sweet items (thank God I am exempted on this "sugar control") so I usually go for the not-too-sweet items. So for this New Year's Eve I will be making them a milk-based dessert that I think they will surely enjoy. Besides, I need circles in our dining before the clock strikes at 12:00 MN! I am glad I found these ramekins I received last Christmas and I think it was in 2009.

Originally, my plan is to make a Blueberry Panna Cotta. Unfortunately, this irritating molds grew in my blueberry preserves. I can't afford to buy another can of blueberry and wait for hours in the counter just for one item, right? It's New Year's Eve for heaven sake. Last minute shopping is not an option. And so I have to be resourceful. Good thing I asked my mom to buy me ripe mangoes earlier so I will use it instead.
 Ingredients:
1 Tbsp Unflavored Gelatin
1/4 cup Cold Water
1 cup Evaporated Milk (I used Alaska brand for this)
1/2 cup Yogurt, plain (of course I used Nestle brand)
1 tsp Vanilla Extract (I used McCormick in this recipe)

Procedure:
1. In a small bowl, combine unflavored gelatin in water. Stand for 10 minutes.
2. Place evaporated milk in a medium size sauce pan. Cook over medium fire until the milk just comes to boil. Immediately remove from heat.
3. Stir in reserved gelatin-water mixture with constant stirring. Mix until well blended.
4. Add yogurt and vanilla and continue stirring until combined.
5. Pour in mixture in small ramekins and refrigerate (not freeze) until set. This will set for about 2 - 4 hours.
6. Right before serving, top panna cotta with mango slices.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...