CATHEDRAL WINDOW

Oh no..... Of course it is not the one you see in churches. Sometimes some people called it Christmas Jello because of its color, well, you have white, red, green and yellow. I thought of making this recipe for the holidays since my parents and relatives should be avoidig sweet desserts (they are not getting any younger). Still I am at the hype of the long weekend and just want to lay in my bed the whole day so I do not want to do laborious recipes.

What came into my mind days before the holidays is how can I get rid of my ready-made jellies and I am talking of kilos. I don't have any idea on how to make a cathedral window though but it is the only dessert that can consume all of it. Thanks to Google I found interesting recipes and immediately prepared the things I needed.

(My apology as well since the photo I only had was when we brought it in our family reunion last 1st day of January for 2012. I was not able to take a closer shot. I placed it in the table while waiting for the others to place theirs and when I got back... pooof... it was all gone, of course, all of them loved it!)


Ingredients:
180 grams Unflavored/ Uncolored Gelatin
90 grams Colored Gelatin, you can use red, green, and yellow
1 can (300 ml) Nestle Cream

Procedure:
1. In a sauce pan, empty each colored gelatin in 1 1/2 cup water. Stir until gelatin is dissolved. Cook over medium fire just until it starts to boil.
2. Transfer cooked gelatin in two trays. Let it cool until set.
3. When set, slice gelatin in cubes and unmold from trays. Set aside.
4. Empty unflavored/ uncolored gelatin in a sauce pan.
5. Mix well Nestle cream in a 500-ml water. Pour in sauce pan with continuous stirring to dissolve unflavored/ uncolored gelatin. Cook over medium fire just until it starts to boil.
6. In your preferred mold for the Cathedral Window, fill 1/4 with cooked unflavored/ uncolored gelatin. Add pre-sliced colored gelatin. Fill again 1/4 of the mold with the unflavored/ uncolored gelatin slowly to prevent colored gelatin to float and so.


Should you have any queries or suggestion, do not forget to leave it in the comment box or email me at jambathan@gmail.com. Please feel free to add to JOIN THIS SITE. Thank you for the continuous support.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...