PORK BULGOGI (돼지고기)

Personally, Korean culture has never been new to me. My father used to work in Seoul for years while my  brother, on the other hand, was sent to Daejeon University as an exchange student. Sometimes I can hear both of them speaking hangungmal (Korean Language, or hangugeo on a more formal term) at home and I just ignore them because before I was not able to understand a single word that came out in their mouths. The family also got hooked with Korean television dramas (mostly of it are scheduled late at night and thanks to my brother for introducing tons of Korean dramas when he came back from studying). We also do have kimchi at home and to be honest, smelling it really for the first time made my stomach upside down.

Now, as I can see, more and more Filipinos are getting into the Korean addiction not just in television shows, culture or music but also in food. More are exploring in the variation of Korean dishes has to offer (did I mention their appetizers are crazy, there are lots to choose from sweet to super spicy).
I already posted a Korean appetizer here in my blog. This time I will be sharing a main dish, called bulgogi, which you will surely enjoy. Most of the bulgogi I know is made from beef. Then again I thought that most common problem in handling beef is the hard-rubber-like-texture after cooking it. It is actually a matter of cooking it at high temperature over short period of time to avoid this problem. I decided to make a pork bulgogi simply because it can be easily handled. This version is also pan-fried that is quite unusual from the common grilled bulgogi some of us knows.
Ingredients:
200 g Lean Pork

For the marinade
2 Tbsp Soy Sauce
1 Tbsp Rice Wine
1 Tbsp Granulated Sugar, White
1 tsp Chili Sauce
1 tsp Garlic, minced
1 Tbsp Pineapple Juice
1 Tbsp Pear Juice
1 Tbsp Sesame Oil
1/4 tsp Black Pepper, ground

For the garnishing
1 Tbsp Spring Onion, chopped
1 tsp Sesame Seed, toasted
Scrambled Egg, sliced in strips

Procedure:
1. Wash pork and drain properly. Slice in strips with at least a thickness around 2-cm. Set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients for the marinade and mix until dry ingredients are completely dissolved.
3. Add pork in the marinade, cover and store in chiller for at least 30 minutes to an hour.
4. Heat frying pan over high fire and stir-fry marinated pork for 5 to 10 minutes or until the pork is cooked thoroughly.
5. Lower fire in low to medium. Add in the marinade and let it simmer for another 2 to 3 minutes or just enough to be reduced and absorbed by the meat.
6. Transfer in serving dish. Topped with sliced scrambled eggs, toasted sesame seeds and chopped spring onions. Ready to serve.

Should you have any queries or suggestion, do not forget to leave it in the comment box or email me at jambathan@gmail.com. Please feel free to add to JOIN THIS SITE. Thank you for the continuous support.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...