PORK TERIYAKI

Majority of my favorite foods are Asian cuisine, Korean and Japanese to be specific. Well since I was exposed that early in Filipino foods, my palatte wanted for a different taste. Except of course to the super spicy dishes or else I will end up with red spots all around.

I am enjoying my long weekend vacation from work yet I got bored so I decided to cook for my family. It has been months since the last time I cooked for them. Besides, I have nothing to do here at home, better to kick my ass off to bed. I browsed my food magazines, favorite food blog sites and notes for a dish that my family will love. I decided then to make my own version of pork teriyaki since I still have lots of mirin and rice wine in our kitchen. I texted my mom, who was at the market at that time, and told her  things that I needed for the dish.
Teriyaki is a japanese word which pertains to the cooking technique used where the meat is either broiled or grilled in a sweet soy sauce marinade or tare. The Japensse traditionally do it with fish, but we are more on th Western culture that is why I used pork for this viand.
Ingredients
350 grams Pork tenderloin, cut in strips
2 pieces Bellpepper, Red and Green, cut in strips
Onion leeks, cut in strips

For the marinade/sauce: 
1/2 cup Soy sauce
1/2 cup Mirin or Rice wine
3 Tbsp Japanese vinegar
3 Tbsp Granulated sugar
1/2 tsp Ginger, grated
2 Tbsp Vegetable oil
1/4 tsp Sesame oil

Procedure: 
1. Combine soy sauce, mirin, vinegar, sugar, grated ginger in bowl.
2. Marinade pork strips and toss to coat. Keep in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes. Reserve pork from marinade, reserve liquid.
3. Stir fry pork strips for 1 minute in vegetable oil heated in wok over high heat. Remove from the wok.

4. Add sesame oil in wok and sauté vegetables for 1 minute. Add in the pork and marinade. Stir fry for another minute. Ready to serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...