GARLIC BREAD

One of my most admired chefs in the world is Jamie Oilver. I love watching him doing the "dirty work" in his kitchen. I got the idea of this recipe from his Jamie's 30 Minutes Meals show where he featured Spaghetti alla Puttanesca with Garlic bread.
(Source: hotcooking.co.uk)

Since I don't know where to buy ciabatta loaf in our place, I tried some breads I found in our pantry. Since I had my Tuna Pesto Pasta, why not make something that will complete my pasta dish and of course, localized.
Supposedly, the original recipe of chef Jamie should look like the one above yet because I am here in the Philippines, I made some twist of his fabulous recipe. Good thing my family enjoys eating breads and loaves fo breakfast instead of rice so I have something to use. One more thing, we do not have oven at home. I just used our oven toaster making it easier for other people to do.
Ingredients
Loaf of bread
4 cloves of Garlic, minced
Extra virgin Olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
handful of fresh Parsley, chopped
handful of fresh Basil, chopped

Procedure:
1. Wet greaseproof paper in running water just enough to make it damp. Flat it in surface.
2. Align each slices of bread in a damp greaseproof paper enough to fit inside oven toaster.
3. Sprinkle chopped parsley and basil on top of the slices with pinch of salt and pepper. Drizzle generously with oilve oil. Topped with minced garlic.
4. Wrap the bread with greaseproof paper and place inside oven toaster. Bake for about 3 - 4 minutes.
5. Divide each slices in halves. Ready to serve. (see garlic bread in Tuna Pesto Pasta recipe)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...